ENGINEERINGATLANTA.BLOGSPOT.COM

A blog all about recording and mixing.

Monday, June 16, 2008

The ATL, Man The scene was so thick





So i decided to start a blog about some of the things I love most about living and working in Atlanta. If your reading this chances are you already know me, but for those who dont My names Jeremy. Im a freelance engineer based out of Atlanta, Ga and have been doing so for about 3 years and some change.







Whats so crazy about all this is after all those trips and moving around so much the years following, is that i made it back here to do exactly what i intended to do all those years. Working on records that hopefully one day will inspire someone else to do music, whether it be producing, writing or engineering. i would always see the same names and wonder what the hell went on in the studio. What exactly did an engineer do? What was mixing? I would always see the same names too. Neal Pogue, Josh Butler, Phil Tan, Leslie Brathwaite, John Frye. I used to listen and try and guess who did what with what engineer lol. Its funny the same guys names i would read in the credits back then Im working with now. Those names inspired me to do what i do now. I love engineering. I love tracking and building songs from nothing and making the song sound the way it should. All those years of listening to albums and critiquing music was like my education and training in sound. I would fall alseep to that stuff all the time and end up having dreams about working on stuff one day. It really is a dream come true honestly. Even when stuff gets to be redundant and im really kinda burnt out, i think about when i was wishing to be here doing this, and i get my motivation back. I wouldnt trade the relationships or the memories ive had so far here for the world. Ive made alot of really cool friends and they all are great at what they do. Sometimes during sessions i just look around and im amazed ive made it so far.

I want this blog to kinda give a small insight into what its like to engineer records in this industry now. Alot of things have changed since i first started interning back in 2005. Ive made mistakes and at the same time made leaps and bounds in my career. i want anyone else who has a career in the field or in music period, to be able to maybe give some advice to those who have questions about what it is we do exactly.

So here at the bottom I put up some of the albums and songs that i feel really made me fall for the music here. some of you might remember these joints others not so much. Heres a couple of the songs ...
















TLC - Creep
Uploaded by djoik














0 comments:

Back to TOP