ENGINEERINGATLANTA.BLOGSPOT.COM

A blog all about recording and mixing.

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

IICRLT Part 6: Linkin Park and Hov: Collision Course


Hey there guys and gals, another post in my series "If I Could Record Like This". Silly I know but I tend to nerd out on this kind of stuff and really its how I came to love what I do. I definitely admire my peer's work and I stay reading credits on who does what. Anyone who knows me is hip to the fact that Jay-z is like me favorite rapper of all time. I know Brooke can relate, being a fellow Jigga fan, it's one of my goals to record him. I know that shit sounds crazy but it's true, I actually came super close to last year, but thats another story lol. I have all of Linkin Park's albums, probably my 2nd all time favorite band. Their music is just a mash up of all my favorite genre's of music. When MTV decided to do the Mash Up's album, I was stoked that these 2 titans of their respective genre's were chosen to be the first, and only I might add, of the series. It's scary how well the songs, configured from various mix stems and multitracked sessions, merged together almost seamlessly. Only a couple of vocal tracks were actually rerecorded for the album. Here's a clip from the airing taped for MTV. Watching this is crazy, Hov one taking his verses and Mike recording his vocals is amazing. If you dont listen to Linkin Park you should, Im not into their newer stuff, but the first 2 albums are classics. They record alot at one of my favorite studios in La, NRG located in North Hollywood. Cool place check out the site and make sure to peep the studio's, they have an awesome B room with a Moroccan motif thats amazing.


5 comments:

John-Nathan Glass March 4, 2009 at 3:22 AM  

ill...
I fasho peeped the yeezy n glc vid whoever was playing the strings inspirational...
Im waiting for this instrumental now...
Studying...
I feel like this blog is a school now...
Appreciate the knowledge...

J March 4, 2009 at 4:09 AM  

dude playing strings was JEFF BHASKER, check the creds on 808's and alot of other stuff too.

Anonymous,  March 4, 2009 at 4:54 PM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous,  March 6, 2009 at 5:48 PM  

I fuck wit tha new blog cuzo good shit. the pics r much better lol.. no butt cheeks PAUSE......

T March 7, 2009 at 1:15 AM  

lol "If I Could Record Like This" cool series, I gotta meeting up at NRG never been there though well see how it goes, its only like 30mins away

Back to TOP