ENGINEERINGATLANTA.BLOGSPOT.COM

A blog all about recording and mixing.

Monday, March 2, 2009

WAAAAAY over due....

First off, shame on me for taking so long to post. J did an AMAZING job of freaking the blog with a new look, and I can't thank him enough for finally letting me get shine in the headline pic. Ha! I'm glad you guys have been feeling the new look too...I know it sounds lame, but J and I really check out all your comments and ideas so we can have future post about stuff you wanna see.

Anyways...


Photobucket

....this is the reason I"ve been so behind on my posting, I've been on SUPER lock down up at silent...16 plus hour sessions for the past 2 weeks. Its been a great run, but really taxing...plus I was holding out to get some decent pics for you guys! Additional shout out to J for letting me hold the D90 and blessing my pics with tags.

Been Grinding it out with my dude Bangladesh....

Photobucket

He is really chill and great to work with. We always have fun.....

We've been working on a new artist on Def Jam named Unique....

Photobucket

We've done 3 great songs on him, very proud of how that stuff turned out....

Kory's been a contender for most grind hours...hanging in there!

Photobucket

Still going with no sings of slowing down....

Photobucket

But I'm happy it's going well, and after a brief stint with the D90, I can see there is no turning back to iphone antics...I swear I won't disrespect the blog in that way again....API's aside, I'm already setting up a budget for the proper camera. Holler

8 comments:

Elle March 2, 2009 at 8:41 AM  

Elle does a triple cartwheel for the megapixel fund...woo hoo!! Go Miles...it's your birthday!!

J...please let him borrow the D90 more often so that he can throw away that disposable..cough cough.

Anonymous,  March 2, 2009 at 10:46 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous,  March 2, 2009 at 11:06 AM  

That's whats up man. Ben Chang who is a dope engineer I work with out of Boston/NY also works closely with Unique. He was actually mixing a few records for him the other day including one produced by Bangladesh. Wonder if you recorded it. Come through and check out my blog sometime. D90 pics are ridiculous!

Miles Walker March 3, 2009 at 6:46 AM  

Samps....I peeped your blog...you are up in Boston? I went to school there...in Berklee...and used to work at Mix One. Where do you live in the city? I haven't been back since I graduated ....

Unknown March 3, 2009 at 2:17 PM  

Was Bangladesh just making his tracks on a motif?

Miles Walker March 3, 2009 at 3:58 PM  

Yeah Jon....that was all he was using, and to be honest, it isn't even really all that much from that...he's a true MPC master...getting the most out of his sampler. Deep crates of zip disks too!

Anonymous,  March 3, 2009 at 4:06 PM  

Yea I actually work out of a studio right next to Berklee called Cybersound, it's over on Newbury St. One of the engineers there went to Berklee and theres a few interns that go there too. I actually live right outside the city. Mix one is a nice spot, I tried getting an internship there when I went to Ai. When did you graduate?

Miles Walker March 4, 2009 at 1:09 PM  

I graduated back in 03...I lived up in Allston, by harvard and comm. Glad some peeps up there are making a scene....there wasn't a really big one when I graduated, that's why I went to Nashville to get my career started...then shot down here to the A

Back to TOP