ENGINEERINGATLANTA.BLOGSPOT.COM

A blog all about recording and mixing.

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Mobile Mixing


I wanted to do a post outside of the studio but while i was stil working. Nowadays I spend alot of time doing stuf outside of private studios and comercial places that I frequent. Me and Miles both have rigs set up at our respective cribs and I like to have another option to do smaller things like edits and maybe even some mixing with smaller sessions. I have an mbox pro that i recently retrieved from a producer friend after letting him borrow it until he got his hands on a decent interface for his logic setup. Its nice being able to do smaller projects while im on the go. I pend alot of time away from my house unless Im tracking there or mixing a larger session. I had some mixes I needed to finish for The homie Don Cannon, just mixing some beats he had done in the recent weeks. I have PT version 7.1 running on an older macbook pro with tons of cracks on it. Shoutout to Miles it was his old mobile joint and Ive had for a while now. I pretty much use it to edit and do lil roughs here and there. Its actually pretty dope as you can see from the pics I got a lil mix going on this bad boy and its quick. It has alot of plugins I like to use and for the most part I do it all in headphones until I get it where I think its close then I bounce all the tracks down and burn them onto CD to listen to in the whip. Pretty easy days work I might add.



3 comments:

Miles Walker February 17, 2009 at 6:14 AM  

Brosef! I"m glad to see the old cracks getting such good shine! I know you be putting them thru the ringer!! I'll do a "home rig" post soon too! Holler

Anonymous,  February 18, 2009 at 1:24 AM  

What up...Always following the blog...But I was wondering do you edit your photos and videos or is your camera just that good?

J February 19, 2009 at 12:51 AM  

almost all of my photos come str8 out of the camera raw, no editing or color grading or effects. its got a nice depth of field effect and shoots at 12.3 megapixels. best thing ive bought in a while or sure.

Back to TOP