ENGINEERINGATLANTA.BLOGSPOT.COM

A blog all about recording and mixing.

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

SSS Upgrades...

When you're patchwerk, you're patchwerk for life, but honestly, my favorite room to work at in Atlanta is Silent Sound Studios. It just has my prefered console and Mains speaker array. In addition to that, terrific outboard, a great staff, and good overall vibe. They always had a large ProTools rig, with a great selection of stuff, but until recently it was Power PC....TK (the owner), just MAJORLY uplifted his prada.....the only Intel HD 6 rig I know off. All PCIe, all accell. Screaming fast is an understatement....

And with dual displays.....

Photobucket

More Killface to keep everyone happy.....

Photobucket

Some of the Rack Array...

Photobucket

Along with some of mine...

Photobucket

....J has a great post about mobile rigs....I'm going to work up a post for that soon....Hope you guys enjoy...

4 comments:

T February 17, 2009 at 8:24 PM  

that looks crazy makes me wanna pack my shit up and movie to GA lol, I produce but now I wanna engineer too, did you go to school for all this?

Miles Walker February 18, 2009 at 1:03 AM  

I did go to school for engineering Taylor. I attended Berklee College of Music in Boston, and majored in Music Engineering. A lot of cats working in ATL went to Full Sail in florida, cuz its close by, but J went to the Conservatory in Arizona. I think it's cool that you wanna engineer too. I always tell my friends that are interested in both, it's great to check em both out and see which one you really love, and when you decide which it is, go hard at that one. I was lucky, I always knew I wanted to Engineer. Hit me up if you have any other questions.

J February 18, 2009 at 4:56 AM  

taylor is easily one of the more talented people ive seen lately, u would be a great engineer.

Back to TOP