ENGINEERINGATLANTA.BLOGSPOT.COM

A blog all about recording and mixing.

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Why ya boy has such garbage bag pics.....

Alright peanut gallery...as promised, it's excuses time....I know I don't have my pic game on point, but let me try and illustrate why....J did a great post about the mobile rig and working from home. Nowadays, even major label clients are cutting back and trying to save on budgets. Working at home studios is more and more common. Plus it's always great to do somebody a solid or give a homey price. Soooo...with all that in mind, I wanted to have a rig at the house that could handle all the same projects I'm working on at big studios, for mixing updates and new projects too. Behold...

Photobucket

The Rig...Mac Pro Quad 3.0 with 8 Gigs of Ram. Housing HD 3 PCIe Accel ProTools 8....

Photobucket

The Tower....All Apogee converters and Big Ben Clock. Neve 1073 Stereo Mic Pre (API 512s not pictured), Waves MAXX BCL for the loudness you need in your life, 2 Distressors for beating drums...

Photobucket

The Compy and Toys....NS 10s with a genelec sub, and more toys to keep me entertained that I know what to do with....

This is just to help try and explain WHY my pics (including the ones here) are so lame....ya boy is heavily invested in his future...and I hope blogging is a part of it...however, if this blog thing doesn't pan out, I hope I can keep the day job engineering. So if you'll keep putting up with a few more shitty pics, I'll save up for the camera....ASAP!!!

4 comments:

Unknown February 18, 2009 at 8:13 PM  

Is the waves piece the "secret weapon" to compete in the loudness war?

Miles Walker February 18, 2009 at 8:25 PM  

Hard to say.. I do know it sounds a little better than the L2 plugin version, so I like for that. It also has great converters on it... Mastering grade, mastering houses use it.

Anonymous,  February 19, 2009 at 3:34 AM  

Yo just go get Jay Cam....You killing me with tha pics lol..
tell Jay stop stalking those old women in dressing rooms...dope rig tho..

J February 19, 2009 at 5:12 PM  

fuck outta here IL lol. Miles has the best home rig setup in atlanta. Better than some commercial places here too

Back to TOP