ENGINEERINGATLANTA.BLOGSPOT.COM

A blog all about recording and mixing.

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Still on it at PWR

Gotta say shout out to Leslie for letting me get a few days in 9K....Always happy to work over there (and I dropped the Master Trim on the 2 Bus so my client can't beat up on the mains quite so much!). We've just been steady in here writing songs for various heads the past few days....it's been going really well. I'm actually very happy with how well my boot drive has been performing. Handy to have my version of ProTools up and roaring just like the home rig.

Snotty was also getting it in over in 995 working on some hot beats for the streets....making a hot hook too, shit should be my ringtone....here's me trying to jump in the chair so I can get some credit when it becomes a #1 smash world wide...

Photobucket

Working lots of places is one of my favorite things about being an engineer. I don't wanna get to lame sounding with it, but I think different studios have different vibes and different energy and can make creativity come in different forms. For a writer it could be new melodies, for a producer a new keyboard sound, and for engineers maybe different tracking or mix ideas. With all of that said, I like to have a few things that are always the same. (IE my boot drive and rack gear). I'll do another post soon about my choice outboard...but I also meant like having a vibe set up. Something I like doing is having my little collection of stuff around at different studios....BEHOLD!

Photobucket

I'm always bringing stuff like this around and setting it up....Not really for anybody other than me. Some clients kinda like them...some are freaked out by them....but its just my thing I like doing when I'm working. Well, that's about it for now...more to come soon. Shout out to Obama, like him, i'm trying to get mine in the '09

Photobucket

Back to TOP